Sunday, January 4, 2009

Colorectal Cancer

What are Cancer, Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Skin Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Leukemia, Lymphoma, Ovarian Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, and Stomach Cancer?

Colorectal Cancer, malignancy of the large intestine, the lower portion of the intestinal tract, which consists of the colon and rectum. Although colon cancer can occur in any segment of the colon, it is most common in the sigmoid colon, the section closest to the rectum.
The American Cancer Society estimates that about 94,000 new cases of colon cancer and 36,000 cases of rectal cancer are diagnosed annually in the United States. An estimated 48,000 people with colon cancer and 8,600 with rectal cancer die from the diseases each year. These cancers are the third most common of all cancers, as well as the third most frequent cause of cancer death in both men and women. According to the Canadian Cancer Society, each year about 17,000 new cases of colorectal cancer are diagnosed in Canada, and 6,400 people die from the disease.




RISK FACTORS


The risk of colorectal cancer increases significantly with age. About 90 percent of all colorectal cancers are diagnosed in people over the age of 50. A family history of colorectal cancer, the presence of polyps (abnormal but usually benign growths) in the large intestine, or inflammatory bowel disease are also risk factors.
Mutated versions of several genes have been linked to colon cancer. For example, in their normal form the genes MSH2, MLH1, PMS1, and PMS2 correct tiny errors that occur when cells divide and grow. Mutated versions of these genes cannot make such repairs, and eventually an accumulation of many such errors interferes with a cell’s ability to resist the uncontrolled division and growth that characterize cancer.
Research has linked the consumption of certain foods to colorectal cancer. The more red meat and animal fat that people eat, the greater their risk of developing colorectal cancer. Conversely, some studies have indicated that diets high in fiber (indigestible roughage) may reduce the risk of the disease. However, this finding was disputed when two studies published in 2000 involving more than 3,500 people showed that a high-fiber diet does not prevent the polyps that can lead to colorectal cancer in people already at high risk for the disease. Physicians continue to recommend low-fat, high-fiber diets as part of a healthy lifestyle to reduce the risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes mellitus.
Studies suggest that some drugs may decrease the risk of colorectal cancer. For instance, estrogen replacement therapy after menopause and the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen appear to reduce the chances of developing this cancer.




SYMPTOMS AND DIAGNOSIS

Colorectal cancer usually develops slowly and may not present apparent symptoms in its early stages. Some individuals with undiagnosed colorectal cancer may detect blood in their bowel movements (feces). They may also experience persistent constipation or diarrhea, abdominal pain, or unexplained weight loss.
Two simple tests can detect most colorectal tumors while they are still in an early, easy-to-treat stage. The first test is the digital rectal examination, during which the physician uses a gloved finger to gently check the smoothness of the rectal lining. The second test is the fecal occult blood test, in which a small sample of the patient’s feces is smeared on a card coated with a chemical called guaiac, which reacts with blood. The card is analyzed in a laboratory for occult (hidden) blood. A positive result does not necessarily indicate the presence of cancer. Although most colorectal cancers bleed, so do benign conditions such as hemorrhoids.
Another test is fiberoptic sigmoidoscopy, in which a flexible instrument is inserted into the lower intestinal tract through the anus. This instrument has light-conducting fibers that enable a physician to visually examine the interior of the colon and rectum. A biopsy (removal of tissue samples) can be performed simultaneously with a special biopsy tool attached to the end of the sigmoidoscope. The tissue is then examined under a microscope for signs of cancerous cells. However, two large studies published in July 2000 found that sigmoidoscopy, which only examines the lower colon, can miss precancerous growths that develop in the upper colon. The authors of the studies suggested that a more extensive test, known as colonoscopy, may be a more effective way to detect cancer.




TREATMENT


The primary treatment for colorectal cancer is surgery to remove the tumor. The surgery may be combined with radiation, chemotherapy, or both. Using a combination of high-dose radiation and chemotherapy prior to surgery now makes it possible to avoid permanent colostomies in many patients who previously would have needed this procedure. A colostomy is a surgical procedure to create an artificial opening through the abdominal wall to the exterior of the body for elimination of wastes into a plastic bag.
If cancer has spread from the colorectal area to the lymph nodes or liver, surgery or chemotherapy used in combination with three drugs—fluorouracil, leucovorin, and irinotecan—prolongs the lives of some patients.

3 comments:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Fribroid,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to share with you all on how Dr Itua saves my life with his powerful Herbal medicines, I was diagnosed of Oral/Ovarian Cancer which i suffered from for 5 years with no positive treatment until when My son came to me in the hospital when i was laying down on my dying bed waiting for god to call out my name to join him in heaven.
    My son was so excited that very day he came across Dr Itua on Blogspot, we decided to give him a try although we Americans are so scared to trust Africans but i really have no choice that time to choose life in between so we gave a try to Dr Itua Herbal medicines, god wiling he was a good man with a god gift. Dr Itua send us the herbal medicine it was three bottles. I take it for three weeks instructor and this herbal medicines heal me, cure my Oral/Ovarian Cancer completely I have been living for 9 months now with healthy life no more symptoms.
    I'm sponsoring Dr Itua in LA Advert on Cancer patent seminar which my son will be participating too and other patent Dr Itua has cured from all kind of human disease, also if you are sick from disease like,Epilepsy,Breast Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,​Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Brain cancer,Hiv,. Vaginal cancer,Herpes,Colon-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Disease.Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,​Multiple myeloma,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,
    ​Esophageal cancer,​Gallbladder cancer,,Bladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,​Hodgkin lymphoma
    ​Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,​Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Cervical Cancer,​Oral cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, Stomach cancer
    ​Testicular cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis,​Vulvar cancer,Ovarian cancer,,​Sinus cancer, Here Is The Wonderful Healer Contact. Name_ Doctor Itua, Email Contact: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, Phone/WhatsApp: +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doctor James herbal mix medicine it's A1 and a powerful strong  pure natural remedy that can be used in the prevention and elimination of diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome lifestyle Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2016. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a glucometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonylureas,Thiazolidinediones but I could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain and bring back the pain again. I found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr James cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from Diabetes by doctor Dr James herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348152855846   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:S, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGERIA, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE, WEAK ERECTION.,PAINFUL OR IRREGULAR MENSTRUATION.Dr James is a good man and he heal any body that come to him. here is email    drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com    and his Number +2348152855846

    ReplyDelete